Avoid Back Pain
Millions of people live with back pain world wide. So why not improve or prevent it in the first place ?
5 other ways to care for your Spine
Here are simple life adjustments to make for a healthy spine….
- Lift right: Avoid twisting actions, plan your lift, get help and stand close to the object ! Read more at Safe Work Australia https://www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au/manual-handling
- Sleep well ! Your sleep posture is as important as your standing posture. Consider sleeping on your side, in a well ventilated room and buy a firm mattress. Ensure your mattress wears evenly by turning it at the start of a new season. The final 2 hours before bed should prepare your body and mind to unwind for the night ahead. Limit stimulants like caffeine and reduce computer, tablet and iPhone screens.
- Yoga and meditation: Stretching relaxes your muscular system and the mind. Choose 5 of your favourite stretches and do them before bedtime !
- Keep Fit : Sleep Apnoea is a condition that interrupts the airways as you sleep. Thereby affecting your sleep routine and quality. Scientists now study sleep as a topic itself and sleeps relationship to physical fitness. Read more at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3021364/ “Weight loss has been accompanied by improvement in characteristics related not only to obesity but to Obstructive Sleep Apnoea as well, suggesting that weight loss might be a cornerstone of the treatment of both conditions”
- Stay well hydrated and well nourished. Your body heals and repairs itself at night so focus on quality nutrition and stay well hydrated. Your intervertebral discs re-hydrate at night time and this can reduce stiffness and other spinal symptoms in the morning !
Becoming proactive about your spinal health can improve your quality of life and build trust in your physical health !
References from multiple sources including